Tameside Council's Cultural Services, though the Arts and Engagement team are delighted to be a recognised centre for the delivery and accreditation of all aspects of Arts Award .
Arts Award's mission is to support children and young people aged 5 - 25 years old to enjoy the arts, develop creative and leadership skills and achieve a national qualification. Arts Award reflects many different interests and ambitions, respects individual development and helps young people to define their creative futures.
Find our Arts Award Log book page here
Arts Awards Principles:
- To offer credible accredited learning which supports individual creative development in any setting
- To place young people at the heart of the Arts Award process
- To increase young people’s experience and understanding of arts practitioners and cultural organisations
- To embrace new art forms and technologies
- To reach the widest possible range of young people
Arts Award is...
- a great way for children and young people to be inspired by and enjoy the arts from ages 5 - 25
- offered at five levels, four accredited and one introductory award
- a framework for learning new skills and sharing them
- an opportunity to develop creativity and leadership skills
- a link between young people and creative arts professionals
Arts Award is managed by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England .
The Arts and Engagement service offer bespoke opportunities for Arts Award participation within the Council’s main Arts and Events Programme and throughout Tameside within both formal and informal settings.
The Arts and Engagement service have a range of qualified Arts Award Advisors who are able to offer the whole spectrum of the award.
Arts Award can be offered to community groups, schools and individuals upon request and subject to funding.
The team are currently developing a bespoke programme for young people with particular needs which can be accessed through schools and the DIY Theatre Company .
Arts Award in Tameside is supported by Curious Minds and Arts Council England .