Frequently Asked Questions
Do you know that a maximum of £300.00 per week can be disregarded from your income for Housing/Council Tax Benefit purposes?
- Who does this apply to?
- What kind of childcare can be used?
- What is the age limit for children?
- How much will be disregarded from your income?
- What details do the Local Authority need?
- Lone parents working at least 16 hours per week
- Couples where both are working at least 16 hours per week
- Couples where one partner is working at least 16 hours per week and the other is incapacitated
The qualifying age is from birth to the first Monday in September following their 15th birthday or in the case of a child who meets the conditions for a disabled child premium, the first Monday in September following their 16th birthday.
- A maximum of £175.00 per week for one child
- A maximum of £300.00 per week for two children
- The name and address of the person providing care for your child/children
- A letter from the person providing care, stating the amount you pay each week