Are you looking for Business Information? If so, Tameside Libraries Information Service can help. We have a wide range of information available to those looking for Business Information. Whether you’re setting up a new Business, expanding an existing Business, investigating the competition or marketing your Business, Tameside Libraries Information Service can help. We offer a friendly staff assisted service offering access to both print and online resources to help you with your Business enquiry. Here are just some of the resources available:
Ask About Business
Ask About Business is a new partnership between eleven library authorities in Greater Manchester, Blackpool, and Blackburn with Darwen. Led by Manchester Library & Information Service, Ask About Business provides access through libraries to information that supports:
- Pre-Start and new businesses
- Existing business
- Business students
For more information enter the Ask About Business website
What is COBRA?
COBRA is 'The Complete Business Reference Advisor'. A comprehensive, practical and continually updated information resource for anyone looking to start a business, write a business or marketing plan or conduct research into a new market, COBRA is the ultimate Business resource! Cobra Includes:
- Business Opportunity Profiles (BOPs) - hundreds of small business idea guides
- Business Information Factsheets (BIFs) - over 300 practical how-to guides, reports, checklists and factsheets covering hundreds of small business subjects
- Business Legal Library - clear explanations on over 300 current laws and regulations facing small businesses
. . . and much much more!
Tameside Libraries members can use Cobra free of charge! Simply follow the link to the Ask About Business Website below. Click on the link to Cobra and follow the instructions on screen to log in using your Library Key Card number. Your Library Key Card number is on the card you were given when you became a member of the library and it begins with 28016.
Mint UK is a comprehensive database of all companies in the UK.
Mint helps you find out more about companies. It contains a wide range of high quality information covering companies, news, directors and industry research.
Mint UK contains:
- Top level financial information – with detailed financial information as an option
- Graphs of key financials
- Credit score and rating - with easy-to-interpret illustrations
- Company structures and the corporate family
- Shareholders, subsidiaries and branches
- News articles from various high profile sources, plus a Web Watch facility to capture 'real time' news
- Mergers And Acquisitions (M&A) activity and rumours
- Contact information including directors and other key contacts
- Industry research
Information can be used for:
- Obtain financial information about companies
- Identify company directors
- Produce direct-marketing mailing lists
- Search for brand names
- Industry research
Mint UK is available at Tameside Central Library
Tameside Libraries Information Service can provide company mailing lists to help you with your marketing. These are compiled using the MINT UK database and can be tailored to your needs. Mailing lists can be supplied as a spreadsheet, by email. Please note, Mailing Lists can only include information about Limited Companies.
You can now request mailing lists online! Please fill out and submit the online form to place your request. Any information you provide will be treated confidentially.
If you are a business in the Tameside area we are currently offering your first mailing list (of up to 2000 companies) free of charge. Subsequent lists supplied to businesses in the Tameside area are charged at 1p per company.
This offer is only available to Tameside Businesses. The price to other businesses is 10p per record.
After your request has been submitted, Tameside Libraries Information Service will contact you to discuss your requirements, the charges involved (if applicable) and the delivery of your mailing list.
What is Newsstand?
Newsstand is an online service providing access to a range of national and regional newspapers and magazines. The database contains 67 titles in total ranging from national dailies such as The Financial Times and The Daily Telegraph to magazines like The Economist plus a host of regional newspapers from across the UK.
You can use the advanced search facilities to search numerous newspapers and magazines at once, in seconds, to see a range of articles on topics that interest you!
How do I access Newsstand?
If you are a Tameside Libraries member, you can use Newsstand free of charge! Simply, click on the link below and type in your library key card number to get access to Newsstand. Your Library Key Card number is on the card you were given when you became a member of the library and begins 28016. Please type it in with no spaces.
Also to Support You:
- Companies House Online - database of limited companies.
- Trade directories - covering a range of product areas from retail and clothing to computer software and advertising.
- Tameside Business Information on the Internet
- Legal Information including Croners Employment Law - a monthly-updated reference containing information for small businesses.
- Health and Safety Information
- Various books on management and setting up a business
- Newspapers and magazines - including The Financial Times and The Economist.
Tameside Business Family
If you are thinking of starting a Business or Social Enterprise, the Tameside Business Family Support Team is here to help you succeed. They offer:
- Free Business awareness advice
- Free Help in creating a business plan
- Free Marketing advice and PR ideas
- Free Access to funding assistance
- Free Premises and location searches
- Free Ongoing support and mentoring
- Free Networking groups: share ideas
- Free Local regeneration updates
- Free Employment and recruitment advice
- Free Business Seminars and Workshops
- Free Mini website on www.tamesidebusinessfamily.com/directory.php
For more information about the Tameside Business Family Support Team visit their website at www.tamesidebusinessfamily.com or contact them on 0161 342 2058.
Trade Marks and Brand Names
- Intellectual Property Office – Information about Patents, Copyright, Design and Trademarks
For more useful Business information, view the Business section of our recommended websites page.