More Information About Fostering
Tameside is currently looking for Foster Carers who could look after children aged 0 to 18 years old
Right now, there are children in Tameside who are going through a difficult time in their lives and need stability, love and care. You can help by fostering a child. This page tells you a little more about what fostering is and how you can foster a child through Tameside Fostering Service.
- An Overview of Fostering
- What is fostering?
- Why are foster carers needed?
- Who can foster a child?
- What support will you receive?
- Are you interested in fostering?
- Contact Details
- A Guide to the Assessment Process
- What is an Assessment?
- How do you carry out the assessment?
- Expectations of you
- Expectations of us
- A Guide to Long Term Fostering
- What is long term Foster Care?
- Why do children need long term care?
- What is expected of a long term Foster Carer?
- What role will the child's birth parents play?
- What support will I receive?
- How do I apply?
- What happens next?
- Introduction to Tameside Fostering Panel
- What is the role of Tameside Fostering Panel?
- When and where does the Panel meet?
- Who sits on the Fostering Panel?
- Before the Panel
- Can You Attend the Panel?
- What Happens at Panel?
- After the Panel
- Decision to Approve
- Decision Not to Approve
- Your Views
- Complaints and Compliments
- Health of Looked After Children
- Provision of Education
- A Guide to Task Centred Fostering
- Information for Parents
- Private Fostering /Somebody Else's Child
- Job Description for Foster Carers
Please click the link below for a Child's Guide to Foster Care.
Child's Guide to Foster Care. 727.28 KB
Please click the link below for a Teenager's Guide to Foster Care.
Teenager's Guide to Foster Care.190.9 KB