Full Council Meetings
Full Council meetings will take place on Tuesdays at 5pm in the Conference Room at Guardsman Tony Downes House, Droylsden.
|24 May 2016 - Venue: Jubilee Hall, Dukinfield Town Hall ||12 July 2016 ||11 October 2016 ||29 November 2016 ||24 January 2017 ||28 February 2017 ||23 May 2017 |
Search Committee Agendas, Minutes and Reports
(The Agenda for the meeting will be available online, 5 working days before the date of the meeting)
Tameside Council meetings, where all 57 Councillors meet on a regular basis, is responsible for agreeing the Budget and Policy Framework for the Council. This includes all the major policies of the Council, the budget and council tax.
Council meetings are open to the public. There is an opportunity to continue the Big Conversation as part of the full Council meetings. For each Council meeting there is an agenda item under which members of the public can ask questions. In order for Council business to be properly managed there are some rules which must be followed before a question is asked at Council:
All questions must:
- be about a matter for which the Council has a responsibility;
- not require or be likely to lead to the disclosure of exempt or confidential information;
- not be defamatory, frivolous or factually incorrect;
- not relate to a quasi-judicial matter;
- not be substantially the same as a question which has been asked at a Council meeting in the past six months;
- not be formed to make a statement rather than receive information.
All questions must be submitted in writing at least three clear, working days in advance of the meeting (i.e. for a meeting at 5.00pm on Tuesday all questions must be submitted by 5pm the preceding Wednesday).
At the Council meeting itself the following will apply:
- There will be a maximum of 30 minutes for public question time;
- There will be a maximum of one question per individual or organisation at each Council meeting;
- All questions will be read out by the Chair of Council Business and responses will be made by the Executive Leader or other Member of the Executive Cabinet or their nominee.
- Where it is not possible due to time constraints to respond verbally at the Council meeting the response will be made in writing by the appropriate Councillor
You can submit a question in writing to the address below or sending a message to Robert Landon.