The Tameside in Bloom team
with the North West 2007 trophy and Clean Sweep Award.
The Britain in Bloom competition is organised and run by the Royal Horticultural Society. The aim of the competition is to encourage communities of all sizes to make positive and lasting improvements to their local areas for the benefit of local people.
- North West Winner 2010
- National Champion (city category) Award 2010
- North West Winner 2009
- Local Authority Environment Award 2009
- National Silver Gilt Award 2008
- North West Winner 2008
- Local Authority Environment Award 2008
- North West Winner 2007
- Clean Sweep Award 2007
- Special Award - Stamford Park 2007
- National Second Place 2006
- North West Winner 2006
- North West Winner 2005
- Clean Sweep Award 2005
- Environmental Award 2003: Received for Tameside Recycling Centre
Tameside has a long history of entering the North West in Bloom competition, although before 2001 entries were made in the smaller categories.
- Ashton - Certificate of Merit: Large Town 2000
- Mottram - Certificate of Merit: Large Village 1999
- Droylsden - Best Newcomer - 1998
- Hyde - Best Town 1997
- Dukinfield - Best Feature in a Public Garden 1996
- Dukinfield - Certificate of Merit: Small Town 1996
- Mossley - Best New Entry 1995
- Denton Memorial Garden - Best Feature in a Public Garden 1994
- Stalybridge - Best Town 1993
- Broadbottom - Best Small Village 1992
Southport Flower Show is widely recognised as the country's largest independent Flower Show. In 2007 Tameside MBC won first prize in its category in the Local Authority Bedding Display competition and were awarded a "Large Gold" medal.
The Green Flag awards are the national standard in England and Wales for recognising the best parks and green spaces. View more information on Green Flags awarded to Tameside.
The Green Pennant Award is a national award that recognises high quality green spaces in England and Wales that are managed by voluntary and community groups. It's a great way for the community to get involved in their local green spaces and to be recognised for making a difference. View more information on the Green Pennants awarded to Tameside.
A Heritage Lottery Fund Grant was awarded for the restoration of Hyde Park. The works have now been completed.
A Project Planning Grant has been awarded for Stamford Park to develop a further bid for the restoration of the park. If you would like to give us your views on how Stamford Park could be improved please visit www.tameside.gov.uk/parks/stamford.