For Mental Health Information and Support
- Providing high quality information and advice
- Access to mental health services and support groups
- A meeting place for organisations and individuals
What is it?
Wilshaw House is a place where you can go to get help, advice and information about mental health and emotional wellbeing. You could also attend one of our support or social groups.
Staff and volunteers based at the Centre are from Tameside MBC, Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust, non statutory groups and service user groups.
You will be listened to in a friendly relaxed environment, where you can browse through our resources or talk to a member of staff.
If we haven’t got the answer to your query we’ll get back to you as soon as we have.
What sort of information do we have?
There are leaflets, magazines and books on:
- Mental health services
- Carer support
- Illness and conditions
- Wellness and recovery
- Local and national support groups
- Arts, sports and local community networks
We can help you search the internet for useful information. There is also information about access to mental health services and ways of being referred.
Staff can also signpost people to relevant services or groups.
Who is it for?
Anyone that might want information on: mental health, recovery, staying well, treatment options, services available or caring for someone in distress.
This can include: mental health service users, carers – including family and friends, mental health professionals, students, anyone worried about their own mental health and wellbeing or someone else’s.
The Centre is also for organisations and groups wanting to pass on information to people interested in mental health and wellbeing.
At Wilshaw House we have:
- All types of information
- People available to offer you advice including housing support
- Support teams: The OPT-in social inclusion team, and Making Space Tenant Support workers
- Meeting and training rooms
- Volunteer opportunities
- Internet access
- Links with local community groups
- Confidential support in a welcoming space
Contact us to make an appointment to suit you:
Mon - Fri 9.00am - 5.00pm
Tel: 0161 342 4383