Secondary School Holidays
School Term Times and Holidays
Autumn Term 2014
- Pupils in school from Monday 1 September 2014 to Friday 24 October 2014
- [October half-term holiday = Monday 27 October 2014 to Friday 31 October 2014]
- Pupils in school from Monday 3 November 2014 to Friday 19 December 2014
Spring Term 2015
- Pupils in school from Monday 5 January 2015 to Friday 13 February 2015
- [February half-term holiday = Monday 16 February 2015 to Friday 20 February 2015]
- Pupils in school from Monday 23 February 2015 to Thursday 2 April 2015
Summer Term 2015
- Pupils in school from Monday 20 April 2015 to Friday 22 May 2015
- [half-term holiday = Monday 25 May 2015 to Friday 29 May 2015]
- Pupils in school from Monday 1 June 2015 to Friday 17 July 2015
Autumn Term 2015
- Pupils in school from Tuesday 1st September 2015 to Friday 23 October 2015
- [October half-term holiday = Monday 26 October 2015 to Friday 30 October 2015]
- Pupils in school from Monday 2 November 2015 to Friday 18 December 2015
- [End of term holiday (Christmas) = Monday 21 December 2015 to Friday 1 January 2016]
Spring Term 2016
- Pupils in school from Monday 4 January 2016 to Friday 12 February 2016
- [February half-term holiday = Monday 15 February 2016 to Friday 19 February 2016]
- Pupils in school from Monday 22 February 2016 to Friday 1 April 2016
- [Spring term holiday (Easter) = Monday 4 April 2016 to Friday 15 April 2016]
- [Good Friday=25/03/2016 Easter Monday = 28/03/2016]
Summer Term 2016
- Pupils in school from Monday 18 April 2016 to Friday 27 May 2016
- Bank Holiday Monday 2 May 2016
- [May half-term holiday = Monday 30 May 2016 to Friday 3 June 2016]
- Pupils in school from Monday 6 June 2016 to Tuesday 19 July 2016
- [Summer term holiday = Wednesday 20 July 2016 to Friday 2 September 2016]
It is anticipated that Autumn Term 2015/16 will commence on Monday 5 September 2016.
Pupil Days for Special Schools
The Governing Body may determine to use either the Secondary or Primary scheme.
Pupil Closure Days-2015/16 School Year
Subject to the conditions in the three paragraphs below, the three pupil closure days may be taken at any time within the school year. The Council has delegated to governing bodies the responsibility for determining the dates, following the advice of the Headteacher, who will have consulted staff. The dates of closures to be notified to Governor Effectiveness and Support by the end of the Summer Term 2015.
193 Teacher Days-2015/16 School Year
The total number of Teacher Days in the Tameside scheme only totals 193. The remaining 2 days can be used either as full days taken from the designated holiday periods in the scheme, at the beginning or end of one of the longer holiday periods, or they can be disaggregated into after school sessions, with 5 hours of disaggregated sessions being the equivalent of one day. This is an historical agreement between the LA, teaching associations and Head Teachers, in order to create the flexibility to have after school meetings and training during the school year.
Local Elections In 2015
Local Elections for 2015 are scheduled for Thursday 7 May 2015. General Elections are usually regarded as an unavoidable closure due to the late notice that is often given.
Whit Friday 2015 - Friday 29/05/2015
Mossley Primary Schools where the majority of pupils take part in processions must take this as a pupil closure day if it falls during term time. Parents of secondary pupils who wish their child to take part should obtain the consent of the governing body to their absence from school.