General Call Centre
To provide a positive image of the Council to all telephone customers by ensuring a high quality, quick responsive answer to both internal and external customers. To satisfy all customers at the first point of contact where possible with accurate information and advice or where applicable liaising with other departments of the Council or connecting to the appropriate officer.
The General Call Centre aims to provide a positive image of the Council to all customers both internal and external who contact us by means of telephone, fax or e-mail. We will ensure a quick and responsive reply in a polite and courteous manner. We will endeavour to satisfy all customers at the first point of contact using electronic service delivery and giving accurate information and advice, or where applicable, liaising with other departments of the Council.
- Provide a customer focused service by employing a well trained, multi skilled and committed workforce.
- Be professional in our approach.
- Be courteous and polite when dealing with all customers and provide our names on request.
- Ring you back at a time convenient to you if this is necessary.
- Give you an estimated date as to when you can expect your request to be completed.
- Conduct bi-monthly surveys to monitoring satisfaction levels.
- We aim to answer calls within 20 seconds.
- Ensure we comply with the Data Protection Act at all times.
- Investigate any complaints about our service and reply within 5 working days.
You can help us by:
- Giving us all the information we need to help you.
- Telling us how we can improve our service - contact us using the details below.
- Asking us to explain anything you are unsure about.
- Telling us if this webpage is easy to understand? We would appreciate all feedback.
Equality and Diversity:
We want our service to be accessible to all our community, regardless of age, disability, race or any other factor that may cause a disadvantage. We provide:
- A bi-lingual interpreting telephone service
- A minicom for customers who have a hearing impairment
How to contact us: