To provide a high quality service, which satisfies all customer enquiries by giving clear, consistent, accurate information and advice.
Our Customer Service Centre is located in Clarence Arcade, Stamford Street, Ashton-under-Lyne, OL6 7PT. Here you can get in depth specialist advice on Housing Benefit and Council Tax issues plus help with Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independence Payment application forms. An appointment will be required for any Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment application but there is no need to make an appointment for any other enquiry. To make an appointment you can call into Clarence Arcade or telephone 0161 342 8355.
At all libraries within the Borough, you will be able to pay all your council bills by credit/debit card or by cheque and have your documents verified for Housing Benefit purposes. Library staff can also provide information on Council Services.
- Provide well trained, easily identifiable staff
- Provide access for all
- Speak to you in private if you wish
- Deal with your request at the first point of contact or make an appointment for you with a person who can deal with it
- Always put our customers first
- Ensure that customers are advised of all relevant timescales
- Treat all information received in the strictest confidence
- Be open and available to customers until the appointed closing time
- Be fair and objective with all our customers
- Be sensitive to special needs
- Take notice and act on your feedback
- Continually improve the service and performance standards
- Conduct bi-monthly surveys to obtain customer feedback
You can help us by:
- Giving us all the information we need to help you
- Letting us know if you have any special needs
- Telling us how we can improve our service
- Asking us to explain anything you are not sure of
Equality and Diversity:
We want our services to be accessible to all our community, regardless of age, disability, race or any other factor that may cause a disadvantage.
- Bi-lingual officers and also a telephone interpreting service
- Loop hearing systems, access to lip speakers and signers
- Wheelchair access in all our Customer First Centres
- Arrange to visit you in your home if you cannot visit our offices
Customer Complaints and Comments:
We are committed to providing the best possible services to you, our customers. Your comments and complaints are important to us.
- Welcome customer comments and complaints
- Investigate any complaints about our service and reply within 5 working days
- Learn from customer comments and complaints and improve our services as a result