If you do not have Realplayer, please visit www.real.com (for free Realplayer download).
We provide help and support for individuals and families in the community to live independent lives. There are many people who use our services including families, older people, carers, people with learning, physical or sensory disabilities and people with mental health issues.
Even if you are paying for your own care, Tameside Adult Services can give you information, advice and support. If you are paying for your own care, you are considered to be "Self funding". If you are a Self funder and not receiving any of our adult care services you are still entitled to help, information and advice about staying in your own home or moving into a care home.
Our Customer Care Officers will be pleased to advise you and can make home visits if necessary. We can provide information in a wide range of different formats and will provide an interpreter if necessary. Additionally, highly trained Welfare Rights Officers are available and can advise you about benefits, allowances and pension entitlements.
We work together with health services, carers, service users, voluntary and private organisations to provide social care services that meet your needs.
We hope that these webpages answer your questions as to who we are; the kind of services we provide and how and when we may be able to support you.
We undertake to:
- Find out if and how we can help you and arrange services to meet your needs
- Deal with each request for assistance in a fair and unbiased way
- Explain clearly the reasons for any decision we make concerning you or your family
- Ask you for your views and wishes, and take them into account
- Keep all information you give us confidential
- Give the highest priority to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults
- Check that the services provided are safe and of the highest quality
Comments or Complaints
How to contact us:
If you are an adult (over 18) and want to find out if we can help you, please contact: