Our Standards of Customer Service
We are committed to giving all our customers the best possible service, and our achievements over the past year demonstrate this determination.
We have again produced an excellent performance against the Departmental and Individual Section Standards. This page tells you about our performance against the Standards over the last twelve months.
We are determined that we will continue to give you the high standard of service you are entitled to, and we hope that you will continue to remain a valued customer of Tameside MBC.
We are participating in the National Food Hygiene Rating Scheme which is a Food Standards Agency and Local Authority partnership initiative to provide consumers with at-a-glance information about Hygiene Standards in food businesses found during planned inspections to help them make informed choices about where they buy and eat food.
Each food business will be given a numerical rating ranging from 0 to 5 where:
- 0 – means that urgent improvements are necessary
- 1 - means that major improvements are necessary
- 2 – means that improvements are necessary
- 3 – means that premises are generally satisfactory
- 4 – means that premises are good
- 5 – means that premises are very good
The ratings are calculated on 3 elements:
- How hygienically the food is handled – safe food preparation, cooking, re-heating, cooling and storage.
- The condition of the structure of your premises – cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities.
- How you manage and document food safety using a system such as ‘Safer Food, Better Business’ or ‘HACCP’.
Ratings for businesses in Tameside can be found at the following web link:
The Tattoo Hygiene rating scheme is being launched in Greater Manchester. The scheme is aims to improve standards in tattoo premises, to promote best practice and to allow the public to choose registered premises that meet high standards of hygiene.
The scheme has been very successfully implemented and well received across Wales and many parts of England are now also introducing the scheme on a voluntary basis.
- All Tattoo Premises in Tameside are encouraged to join free of charge. (membership is voluntary)
- The Scheme is additional to the requirement for Registration with the local authority under the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982
- After inspection, the level of hygiene and compliance at premises will be rated as follows;
- Improvement Needed
- Very Good.
Apply to Join
Application Form 97.65 KB
View Premises Ratings
- The Tattoo Hygiene Ratings achieved by premises can be seen at: http://www.cieh-cymruwales.org/policy/tattoo-hygiene-rating-scheme.html .
- Businesses may request a re-rating after 3 months
- As part of operating the scheme we will continue, as we have previously done, to investigate complaints and information provided to the Council regarding tattooists operating at unauthorised premises and tattooing underage persons. Should you have any information regarding these matters please contact The Council.
We will set standards that exceed statutory and corporate standards wherever possible.
- Information and Openness
We will provide clear and detailed information about our services.
- Consultation and Involvement
We will actively encourage involvement by seeking a wide range of views to improve our services.
- Access and Choice
We will provide a wide range of services and make them easily accessible to all, using new technology wherever possible.
We will treat all customers with fairness, privacy and dignity; paying particular attention to those with special needs.
- Putting Things Right
We will do our utmost to put right any failures or problems highlighted through our complaints procedure or other means.
- Value for Money
We will provide best value for taxpayers and customers.
We will strive to continually improve our service.
- Working with Others
We will work with a range of other service providers to create overall improvements for customers.
- Provide User Satisfaction
We will demonstrate that users are satisfied with the quality of our service.
These Standards are set by the Head of Environmental Operations and Head of Environmental Enforcement. They are monitored on a quarterly basis to make sure we meet our targets. If we fail to meet our targets we will introduce measure to remedy any failures.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of our service or wish to make any comment on the service you have received please contact us using the details below. We are determined to sort out your problem to your total satisfaction.
Ian Saxon, Head of Environmental Services
- Trading Standards and Consumer Advice Section
- Environmental Protection
- Food Hygiene Section
- Health and Safety Section
- Pest Control and Dog Warden Section
- Bereavement Services
- Licensing Section
- Refuse Collection
What We Will Do
- Wherever possible we will endeavour to resolve your complaint immediately.
- If we cannot do this we aim to respond in writing to you within 3 working days of receipt.
- We will keep you regularly updated of progress until your complaint is fully resolved.
If You Are Still Not Happy
You can discuss your complaint with the Ian Saxon, the Head of Environmental Services , the Council's Chief Executive or your Ward Councillor.
Alternatively you can take your complaint to the The Local Government Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry, CV4 0EH
How We Can Help
- Information Booklets
We have a variety of information booklets which you may find helpful. To find out more about these booklets, or to ask for a copy, just phone us on 0161 342 8355. We can also provide this information in braille, large print or on audio tape upon request.
- Pull Out and Return Service
The Recycling Section operates a 'Pull Out & Return' Service for disabled residents. Please tell us if you are unable to put your bin out for collection. An officer will call to discuss how we can help.
- Home Visits
If you are unable to visit the Council Offices and would like to speak to a member of staff in person we can arrange a home visit.
All staff wear name badges and will show their identification card. If you are in any doubt please telephone us before admitting any person to your home.
If you have difficulty accessing any of our services please use the tear off slip to tell us how we can be of assistance.
You can contact us for advice, to report a problem or make a complaint. Whichever way you choose to contact us, you can be sure that any information you give us is protected by the Data Protection Act. For more information on how we look after the information we hold, please contact us using the details below or visit any of the Customer Service Centres.
Head of Environmental Services