A to Z of services          A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P R S T U V W Y Z

Crime and Disorder - Sexual Violence

Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)

Child Sexual Exploitation is when someone makes or manipulates a young person into doing sexual things for the benefit or enjoyment of others.

It is a form of sexual abuse and it is against the law.

For example, someone may try and get a young person to do sexual things by:

  • offering them money
  • hurting or threatening to hurt them
  • humiliating or threatening to humiliate them
  • buying them presents
  • taking them out to places
  • giving them a place to stay
  • telling them that they love them

Contact Numbers and links to advice and help:

Greater Manchester Police
101 – non-emergency number

Parents Against Child Sexual Exploitation (PACE)
0113 240 5226

0800 1111

National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
0800 800 5000

For more information and advice in relation to CSE please see the link below:

Page last updated: 23 August 2016