A to Z of services          A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P R S T U V W Y Z

Tameside Resettlement Scheme

Tameside Resettlement Scheme

Tameside Resettlement Scheme is a new scheme that replaces the Tameside Support for Independent Living Scheme (TSIL) on 1st April 2015.

The new scheme is for Tameside people, aged 16+ who are on a low income and who need help to move out of an institutional (hospital, prison, hostel) or an unsettled way of life, including homelessness and who without the help would suffer serious harm to themselves and / or their family.

If you are in a financial crisis and need money for essential living items such as food, clothing or for gas and electric this scheme will not provide this.

 Apply for Tameside Resettlement Scheme

Help from Department for Work and Pensions

The following payments are available from the Department for Work and Pensions:

  • Funeral Payments,
  • Sure Start Maternity Grants,
  • Cold Weather Payments
  • Winter Fuel Payments .
  • Budgeting Loans will also be available from DWP for people who have been on current benefits for six months, but they will be replaced by Budgeting Advances when people move onto Universal Credit.
  • Short-Term Advances for people who are awaiting a first pay day or benefit
  • Hardship Payments for certain claimants whose benefit is sanctioned or disallowed

For more information go to Benefits on GOV.UK  or the Turn2Us Benefits Calculator .

For other sources of help and support go to http://www.helpwithbenefits.org.uk/financialdifficulties.aspx  or the http://www.tamesidecab.org.uk/Tameside/


Help from the Tameside Resettlement Scheme

Household items: TRS will provide essential household items for people who are leaving hospital, or a care setting, temporary housing or prison, and who have no means of buying the items. Items may also be provided for people who are experiencing exceptional pressure, such as family breakdown, a sudden onset of a chronic illness or fleeing domestic abuse. 

TRS will only provide items once in a 24 month period, unless there are exceptional circumstances.

The items will be provided, delivered and installed by the Furnishing Service.

Other support: such as a contribution to rent in advance or removal costs may be provided to households in the above circumstances. Any support will be paid direct to the landlord or the removal company, no money will be paid to the applicant

Council Tax Hardship: support may also be provided to households facing exceptional hardship as a result of Council Tax liability. Any support will be paid direct to the applicants Council Tax account, no money will be paid to the applicant.

To apply you must provide personal information about your finances and your circumstances including:

  • Name
  • Date of birth
  • National Insurance Number
  • Benefit Claim number (for Housing Benefit and Council Tax)
  • Address
  • Detail of your weekly income from benefits, wages and other sources
  • Details of the weekly income of other members of your household
  • Details of your children (if applicable)
  • What type of support you need and why
  • Contact details

Applications for assistance will be assessed within 15 working days.

Contact Information
Send us a Message Send us a Message
Contact by Post

Tameside Housing Advice
119-125 Old Street
Ashton- Under Lyne
Contact by Telephone
"0161 342 8355/3465" 

Page last updated: 20 May 2016