Tameside's Link With Bengbu
A formal economic twinning link between Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council and Bengbu Municipal People's Government in Anhui Province of the People's Republic of China was forged in 1995 and was renewed in October 2007.
Bengbu City lies on the Huai River, to the north of Anhui Province, central eastern China. Bengbu City has a population of over 800,000 inhabiting 445 square kilometres.
If you are a company or organisation wishing to trade with China, please contact the Council’s Business Initiatives Manager or for direct support contact the North West International Trade team (see links below) :
0161 342 3499 Send Business Initiatives a Message
China Key Facts
- Full Country Name: People's Republic of China (PRC)
- Population: 1,338,612,968 (2010 - estimate) [Density = 140 people per km²]
- Capital: Beijing
- Largest city: Shanghai
- Area: 9,596,960 km²
- Official languages: Chinese ( Standard Mandarin is the official spoken language, except in Hong Kong and Macau where Cantonese is more commonly used).
- Religions: Taoism, Buddhism (approx. 8%), Islam (approx 3%), Christianity (approx. 3%). Officially Atheist.
- Ethnic Groups: Han Chinese (91.9%), Zhuang, Uygur, Hui, Yi, Tibetan, Manchu, Miao, Mongol, Buyi and other nationalities (8.1%).
- Government: Communist one-party state
- Head of State: President Hu Jintao; Premier Wen Jiabao
- Currency: Renminbi (CNY). 1 Renminbi (yuan) = 10 Jiao = 100 fen.
- GDP: $8.091 trillion total; $6193 per capita (PPP)
- GDP Real Growth Rate:
- National Anthem: March of the Volunteers
All external links