The Reparation Order
Tameside Youth Offending Team
What is the Reparation Order?
A Reparation order will make you think about the harm you have caused to another person or to the community, and will give you a chance to put things right. The victim of your offence will be offered the opportunity to say how they thing you should make amends.
What might I have to do?
- Repair the harm you have caused
- Write a letter of apology
- Apologise to the victim in person.
- Do some work within the community
- Attend sessions at the YOT about crime and consequences
What is expected of me?
- You are expected to keep all appointments
- Carry out any work that the court has ordered you to do.
- Keep to any extra conditions agreed
- Behave in an acceptable and safe manner and be respectful.
What if I do not co-operate?
- The court may impose an attendance centre order
- A curfew order
- Re-sentence you for the original offence
- Fine you.