Accessibility Statement
Chat icon Chat with us live

Tameside's First Co-op


(1856)


Blue Plaque for Tameside's First Co-opThis plaque is erected on the Late Shop, Arundel Street, Mossley which was the site of Tameside's first Co-op, opened in 1856. It was unveiled in 1994, a year marking 150 years of the founding of the International Co-operative Movement in Rochdale.

This Blue Plaque is a replica of the original. It was erected in March 2003 following a fire at the store in November 2002.