Accessibility Statement
Chat icon Chat with us live

Existing Business in Tameside

For up to date business information regarding Coronavirus please visit:


This page contains useful information and links for existing businesses in Tameside. If you require any information that is not available on this page please contact us on the details at the bottom of this page.

Business Property Search

This service is brought to you by the Development and Investment Unit in partnership with MIDAS, a team dedicated to helping you to do business in Tameside.  Use this search facility to find available commercial property in Tameside, then arrange a viewing through a commercial property agent.

  • Live, Work, Invest
    Live, Work, Invest is a group of local businesses, large and small, working with the Council and and partners, to make access to business support services easier and more approachable. Live, Work, Invest provides free business support for new and existing businesses and Social Enterprises in Tameside.
  • Business Information
    Tameside Libraries Information Service holds a wealth of business information in both print and electronic form. Among other things, we can provide business mailing lists, contact details, names of company directors and financial information. So whether you are trying to trace a particular company or find a list of contacts, we can help you!
  • Business Rates
    or National Non-Domestic Rates
  • Business Watch
    helping businesses prevent crime.
  • Council Land and Property Enquiries
    Details of Council owned land/property available for sale or to lease.
  • Development Opportunities
    A number of key development sites exist within the Borough.
  • Employment and Training Initiatives in Tameside
    For information about Employment and training in Tameside
  • Licensing
    Does your business need a Licence?  Many different types of business are subject to Licensing legislation.
  • Planning in Tameside
    Contact the Planning Dept if your businesses is looking at a new development or making alterations to an existing building. You may also need planning permission if you are going to be working from home.
  • Reporting of Workplace Accidents
    if you are an employer, self-employed or in control of work premises you are required under RIDDOR to report some types of work related accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences.
  • Social Enterprise Development and Support Project
    Finding Community Solutions through Community Enterprises
  • Taxation Link to External Website
    Information about business taxation from HM Revenue & Customs:
    • PAYE Link to External Websitefor employers 
    • VAT Link to External Website - Business with an annual turnover over £68,000 need to be VAT-registered.
    • National Insurance Link to External Website for employers and the self-employed.
    • Corporation Tax Link to External Website (companies only) payable on your company's taxable income and profits.
    • Self-Assessment Link to External Website If you're self-employed you need to complete an annual tax return. 
  • Tendering with the Authority
    includes latest tender invitations and how to tender to the authority.
  • Trade Waste
    Our services are available to every commercial and industrial premises in the borough
Contact Information
Contact by Post

Investment and Development
Tameside MBC
Dukinfield Town Hall
King Street
SK16 4LA
Contact by Telephone
0161 342 2058
Contact by Fax
0161 342 2790