Early Intervention

Early Help Service
Providing early intervention for emerging difficulties


What if I am having a problem and need more than information and advice?

If you are experiencing challenges with family life and would like some help before things become serious you can request support from the Early Help Service.

What is the Early Help Service?

There are four locality teams, each based in one of Tameside's local areas:

  • Ashton:
  • Stalybridge/Mossley/Dukinfield;
  • Hyde/Hattersley/Longdendale;
  • Denton/Droylsden/Audenshaw.

Each team contains a range of professionals from backgrounds including schools, youth, early years, community development, health, health visiting, education welfare, and school behaviour support.

Who do they support?

The Early Help Service works together with you and your family and can support you with parenting, debt issues, school attendance, housing and other issues which concern your family. They will work together with you, other agencies and organisations to complete a family plan (CAF) that will enable you and your family to overcome difficulties and improve your circumstances.

How can I contact my local team?

All requests for service should be made via the Hub (phase one of the Local Authorities approach to the Multi-Agency Assessment and Referral Team) based at the Denton Centre, Acre Street, Denton, Tameside, M34 2BW.

To make a referral please telephone 0161 342 4101.

Who can ask for a service?

People who are working with children, young people and families can ask for a service, if they have identified through completion of a CAF where there is unmet need which requires a multi-agency approach.

Parents can also contact the Hub .If it is considered that an intervention from the Early Help Service may be appropriate, then it will be expected that the first action of the intervention will be the completion of a CAF in partnership with the main agency involved with the child, young person or family.

Please note, for useful information about quality childcare, children/family activities, available services and general advice relating to family matters please view the Families Information Service (FIS) webpage.

Related Items