Current planned and ongoing roadworks

For information on the Stamford Street, Stalybridge road closure please click here

Opening up the highway - If you need to open up the highway for any reason you will need a licence under the Highways Act.
Section 50 licence allows you to work on or install apparatus into the highway (ie. install new gas water, electric connections) and a Section 171 licence allows you to carry out works on the highway (ie. Dropping kerbs, relaying footways)

Road Closures
If you need to close a road or footway for any purpose, including an event which will affect the public highway, please follow the link

Greater Manchester Roadworks Permit Scheme
For information on the Greater Manchester Road Permit Scheme please follow the link
Related Items