Benefits in Tameside
View Benefits, Council Tax and Business Rates
View your information for Benefits, Council Tax and Business Rates online with the self service system. You can view payments made towards Council Tax and Business Rates accounts, and if you are a landlord you can view information relating to your tenants.
If you wish to make payments to the council, use the Pay It link on the left.
Change of Circumstances
You can now update your details and inform us of any change to your benefits and income online.
When will my claim be dealt with?
New Claims for Council Tax Support and Housing Benefit and Change of Address applications will be processed within 14 working days of receipt where all the necessary information has been provided to enable the assessment to take place.
All other information will take longer to process. The Benefits Service will process all work as quickly as possible however during busy periods this may take up to 45 days. The start of the financial year in March, April and May are usually very busy periods.
If you wish to query the progress of a claim please wait until 45 days has elapsed before contacting the Benefits Service. This will enable us to process as many claims as possible.
Ways you can help
Remember your claim will be processed quicker if you supply all the necessary supporting information required as soon as possible.
Information about the main benefits you might wish to claim (there is a full A-Z listing on the DWP website )
- Attendance Allowance
- Carers Allowance (for people aged under 65)
- Carers Allowance and the Carer Premium for people aged 65 or over
- Civil Partnerships
- Child Tax Credit
- Council Tax Support
- Disability Living Allowance
- Education Welfare Service:
- Free School Meals - FAQs and Application Form
- Forms - Index of Online Services
- Free School Meals
- Housing Benefit:
- Apply for Housing Benefit online
- What are Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support?
- What Help Can I Get to Pay my Council Tax?
- A Guide to Housing Benefit, Local Housing Allowance, and Council Tax Support for Landlords
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support for People Who Work
- Local Housing Allowance
- Local Housing Allowance Safeguards for Tenants and Landlords
- Change of Circumstances Form
- Childcare Costs
- Child Minders
- Extended Payments
- Non-Dependant Deductions
- Staying in Hospital
- Temporary Absence from Home
- Discretionary Housing Payments
- Pension Credit
- Tax Credits
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit