Council Tax Bands 2016/2017
as at 1 April 2016
Most dwellings will be subject to Council Tax.
There will be one bill per dwelling whether it is a house, bungalow, flat, maisonette, mobile home, houseboat or Annexe, and whether it is owned or rented.
Each dwelling has been allocated to one of eight bands according to its open market capital value at 1 April 1991. All values below include precepts.
|Valuation Band ||Value of Property ||Tameside |
|A ||Up to and including £40,000 || |
|B ||£40,001 - £52,000 || |
|C ||£52,001 - £68,000 || |
|D ||£68,001 - £88,000 || |
|E ||£88,001 - £120,000 || |
|F ||£120,001 - £160,000 || |
|G ||£160,001 - £320,000 || |
|H ||More than £320,000 || |
Appealing against your Band
Up to 30 November 1993 everyone had the opportunity to challenge their property band. From 1 December 1993 onwards the grounds for appeal have been limited to the following:-
- Where you believe that the banding should be changed because of an increase or reduction in the value of the property due to building work being carried out on the dwelling, i.e. demolition, extensions and converting the property from houses to flats;
- Where you start or stop using part of your dwelling to carry out a business, or the balance between domestic and business use changes;
- Where the listing officer has altered a list without a proposal having been made by a taxpayer;
- Physical changes in the locality affecting value; or within six months of the following:
- a band change to your property made by the Listing Officer;
- a band change to a similar property to yours made by the court;becoming a new taxpayer
Reductions or increases in value resulting from the general state of the housing market do not affect the banding of your property.
Your appeal should be sent to:
The Listings Officer
Council Tax North
Valuation Office Agency
King William House
03000 501 501