Registered PVI early years group settings information page
Settings have a responsibility to ensure they meet all statutory requirements and keep up to date with legislative and practice developments. Information is provided on this page to support settings in this role.
The revised EYFS can be downloaded from the Department for Education website.
You can also purchase a printed copy from the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) .
There are other reputable suppliers of printed copies also available.
If you handle personal information about individuals, you have a number of legal obligations to protect that information under the Data Protection Act 1998.
This applies to Early Years Settings including private day nurseries, pre-schools, and childminders.
For further information please go to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website
PVI SENCO (Special Educational Needs) Support Surgeries’
SENCO surgeries are available staff working in PVI settings to gain support regarding SEN i.e. child IEP’s. SENCO Support Surgeries take place on a monthly basis at your nearest Children’s Centre.
Please see the list below to find the nearest SENCO Support Surgery to support your setting needs. Please note these surgeries are now BOOK ON ONLY. Please make an appointment before attending.
- SENCO Surgery - On the 4th Friday of every month (AM) Early Years Quality Officer - Julie Gallagher
Greenside Children’s Centre:
- SENCO surgery - On the 2nd Tuesday of every month (AM) Early Years Quality Officer - Jackie Hampson
Hyde Children’s Centre:
- SENCO surgery - On the 1st Monday of every month (AM) Early Years Quality Officer - Sharon Scholes
Ridge Hill Children’s Centre
- SENCO Surgery – On the 3rd Wednesday of every month (AM) Early Years Quality Officer – Sharon Scholes.
- SENCO Surgery – On the 2nd Thursday of every month (AM) Early Years Quality Officer – Sharon Scholes.
- SENCO surgery – on 4th Thursday of every month (AM) Early Years Quality Officer – Jackie Hampson.
- SENCO surgery - on 3rd Tuesday of every month (PM) Early Years Quality Officer – Julie Gallagher.
St Peter’s Children’s Centre:
- SENCO Surgery - On the 1st Friday of every month (AM) Early Years Quality Officer - Julie Gallagher
Sector Developments & Support Information Sites
Settings should keep up to date with developments within the childcare sector, some of these sites also contain listings of resources and development opportunities. Visit the sites regularly.
National Early Years Associations
Staff from Tameside Early Years Registered group settings are able to undertake an increasing number of free e-learning activities as well as a taught course and network programme. Listings of all funded taught and e-learning course are available here.
Information and training events regarding non sector specific management is available from the ‘North West Employers’ website.