Primary and Nursery School Holidays
School Term Times and Holidays
Autumn Term 2014
- Pupils in school from Monday 1 September 2014 to Friday 24 October 2014
- [October half-term holiday = Monday 27 October 2014 to Friday 31 October 2014]
- Pupils in school from Monday 3 November 2014 to Friday 19 December 2014
Spring Term 2015
- Pupils in school from Monday 5 January 2015 to Friday 13 February 2015
- [February half-term holiday = Monday 16 February 2015 to Friday 20 February 2015]
- Pupils in school from Monday 23 February 2015 to Thursday 2 April 2015
Summer Term 2015
- Pupils in school from Monday 20 April 2015 to Friday 22 May 2015
- [half-term holiday = Monday 25 May 2015 to Friday 5 June 2015]
- Pupils in school from Monday 8 June 2015 to Tuesday 28 July 2015
Autumn Term 2013
- Pupils in school from Monday 2 September 2013 to Friday 25 October 2013
- [October half-term holiday = Monday 28 October 2013 to Friday 1 November 2013]
- Pupils in school from Monday 4 November 2013 to Friday 20 December 2013
- [End of term holiday (Christmas) = Monday 23 December 2013 to Friday 3 January 2014]
Spring Term 2014
- Pupils in school from Monday 6 January 2014 to Friday 14 February 2014
- [February half-term holiday = Monday 17 February 2014 to Friday 21 February 2014]
- Pupils in school from Monday 24 February 2014 to Friday 4 April 2014
- [Spring term holiday (Easter) = Monday 7 April 2014 to Monday 21 April 2014]
Summer Term 2014
- Pupils in school from Tuesday 22 April 2014 to Friday 23 May 2014
- Schools closed Bank Holiday Monday 5 May
- [half-term holiday = Monday 26 May 2014 to Friday 6 June 2014]
- Pupils in school from Monday 9 June 2014 to Friday 25 July 2014
- [Summer term holiday = Monday 28 July 2014 to Friday 29 August 2014]
It is anticipated that Autumn Term 2014 will commence on Monday 1 September 2014.
Pupil Closure Days - 2013/14 School Year
Subject to the conditions in the three paragraphs below, the three pupil closure days may be taken at any time within the school year. The council has delegated to governing bodies the responsibility for determining the dates, following advice from the Head teacher, who will consult staff. The dates of closures should be notified to Governor and Management Support by the end of the summer term 2013.
195 Teacher days-2013/14 School Year
The total number of teacher days in the Tameside scheme only totals 193. The remaining two days can be used either as full days taken from the designated holiday periods in the scheme, at the beginning or end of one of the longer holiday periods, or they can be disaggregated into the school sessions, with 5 hours of disaggregated sessions being the equivalent of one day. This is a historic agreement between the LA, teaching unions and Head teachers, in order to create the flexibility to have after school meetings and training during the school year.
Local Elections in 2014
Local elections for 2014 are scheduled for Thursday 1 May. General elections are usually regarded as an unavoidable closure due to the late notice that is often given.
European Elections in 2014
European Elections are scheduled for Thursday 5 June 2014
Whit Friday 2014 - Friday 13 June 2014
Mossley primary schools, where the majority of pupils take part in processions, must take this as a pupil closure day if it falls during term time. Parents of secondary pupils who wish their child to take part should obtain the consent of the governing body to their absence from school.