Accessibility Statement
Skip to main content
Chat icon Chat with us live

Other Sources of Support


Tameside Support for Independent Living

Scheme that replaced the previous Social Fund to assist households with the costs associated with establishing themselves as living independently.


Housing and homelessness charity who can provide advice on a range of housing issues including what peoples rights are if they are facing homelessness.

Citizens Advice Bureau

Can provide advice on a range of issues including benefits, employment, housing and immigration issues.

Supported Housing

The Council commissions a range of services for people requiring support to move towards independent living. This includes a floating support service for people living in their own home.

Tameside, Oldham and Glossop MIND

Offer a range of service designed to promote and maintain improved levels of mental health amongst their customers.

  • Visit the MIND website.