Accessibility Statement
Skip to main content
Chat icon Chat with us live


If you have a complaint about the Council, which you do not think the Council has dealt with properly or you remain dissatisfied by the response you received to your complaint, you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman, who is independent of the Council and who will investigate and see if the Council is wrong or has acted improperly. 

You can make a complaint online through the Ombudsman's website Link to External Website or you can write directly to:

Postal Address The Local Government Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry, CV4 0EH
Telephone Number 0300 061 0614 Fax Number 02476 820001

If your complaint is not about the Council but about New Charter Housing you can complain to the Housing Ombudsman, who investigates complaints about registered social landlords.

Telephone Number 0845 712 5973 (Website: Link to External Website)

In relation to other types of complaint eg against MPs, Health Services etc there are Ombudsman who are appointed to investigate and the right Ombudsman for your complaint can be found at: Link to External Website or by telephoning 0208 8894 9272.