Accessibility Statement
Chat icon Chat with us live

Out of Court and Diversions

An out of court disposal can be issued by the police without the need for you to go to court.

These are usually issued for lower level (less serious) or first time offences.

There are different types of out of court disposals.
  • Informal ones mean you will not have a criminal record.
  • Youth Cautions mean you will be asked to accept some conditions that may help you not to reoffend again.
  • Conditional Cautions mean you must accept some conditions and if you refuse to accept these your case may go to court after all.

Make sure you understand what sort of disposal you’ve been given and if there are any conditions. Talk to the police officer or us (0161 342 5680) if you need help to understand
Contact Information
Contact by Post

Youth Justice Service
31 Clarence Arcade
Stamford Street
Contact by Telephone
0161 342 5680