Week Commencing 18 August 2014
The following roadworks are underway/programmed to begin shortly within the borough. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these works may cause you.
- Park Parade/Scotland Street/BT Roundabout – Construction of new road layout and installation of new traffic signals. Works ongoing until January 2015.
- ASDA Roundabout. (Oldham Rd/Cavendish St/Park Parade) Construction of new road layout. 18th August 2014 t0 March 2015
- Public footpath no.37 - will be closed from 13 September to September 2014 whilst a vandalized footbridge is repaired.
- Dale Street East - will be closed and have double yellow lines on from 25 November 2013 for 12 months whilst a new car park is constructed on the former Back Portland Street.
- Mossley Road - two way traffic signals will be in place from 31 March to October 2014 whilst works are undertaken to the retaining wall. The works will be approximately at the junction of the service road to Cross Farm. There presently is an unexpected delay in the works due to unidentified untilites which have been unearthed.
- Mossley Road - will be closed from September 2014 to January 2015 whilst the railway bridge is demolished and rebuilt – works are in association with the electrification of the railway line. Enabling works will be undertaken prior to this. Traffic signals will be in place between 22:00 to 06:00.
- Booth Street – the cul de sac end will be closed from Fleet Street whilst development works are undertaken at Oakglade House.
- South Street – footway will be closed from 16 July for 8 weeks whilst works are undertaken to Oxley Threads.
- Mossley Road – 2 way temporary lights on 18 & 19 August (22:00hrs – 05:00hrs) Excavation works. (Penny Meadow to Stamford Street)
- Mossley Road – Overnight road closure on 20 to 22 August (22:00hrs – 05:00hrs) to install service bridge. (Penny Meadow to Stamford St) .
- Back Portland St – closed 18 August for 6 weeks whilst electricity works are undertaken.
- Public footpath AUD/18 – will be closed from 23 August 2013 to 22 August 2014 to facilitate repair works which has been granted by the Secretary of State for Transport.
- A57/M67/M60 Roundabout – traffic management will be in place from November 2013 to September 2014, whilst improvement works are undertaken to the roundabout, works will generally but undertaken at night, however some lane closures may be required during the school holidays. Works are being carried out by the Highways Agency.
- Ann Street – emergency closure 11 August to 1 September for sewer collapse.
- Market Street / Greenside Lane. Banned right turn from 11 August for 2 weeks
- Chapel St / Pickmere Close / Henry St & Church St – Road closures for resurfacing work 26th August for 4 days
- Broadway / Southway & Fairway – Road closures for resurfacing work 18th August for 1 week.
- Fairfield Ave – Road closed for resurfacing 22nd August for 1 week
- Mayfair Close – Road closed for remedial works United Utilities, from 19 August for 3 days
- Pudding Lane Area Hyde – temporary closures of footpaths within the area of land surrounded by Wardle Brook Avenue and Underwood Road for redevelopment works from 7 March 2014 for six months.
- Ashton Road – works will be undertaken from 28 April 2014 including carriageway resurfacing and kerbing works.
- Ashton Road – resurfacing works 16 -17 August. Stop/go boards in operation.
- Newton Street – Temporary traffic lights at junction Carrfield 1 – 12 September for electricity works.
- Carrhill Road - will be one way from its junction with Stockport Road for a distance of 45 metres in a northerly direction whilst repairs/rebuild works are undertaken to a stone retaining wall.
- Stamford Road - closed from 2 August 2014 for 4 weeks for electric HV cable laying.
- Manchester Road – junction Egmont Street 2 way temp lights, 8 – 12 Aug. Street lighting works.
- Mill Lane – at Railway Bridge. Road closure for 2 days (20 & 21 Oct 2014) for cleaning of bridge. (0800 - 1630hrs on both days)
- Mill Street – closed 1 September for 1 week. Laying of High Voltage electricity cable.
- Footpath LON/68 – will be closed to pedestrian traffic whilst development works are undertaken at West End to the footpath that runs adjacent to Hurstclough Brook.
- Wardle Brook Road – the easterly cul de sac to the southerly side of Wardle Brook Road will be closed from 24 April for 3 months whilst development works are undertaken.
- Broadbottom Road – 2 way signals. All along road. Water work 1 August for 4 weeks
- Taylor Street - 2 way temporary lights for water main works 20 Oct - 14 Nov
- Huddersfield Road – No 592 to Moorfield Terrace, 2 way temporary lights whilst new water main is installed in the footway. 18 – 29 August 2014.
For details of roadwork's outside the Borough of Tameside visit http://roadworks.org/
Page last updated: 18 August 2014