Week Commencing 28 July 2014
The following roadworks are underway/programmed to begin shortly within the borough. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these works may cause you.
- Park Parade/Scotland Street/BT Roundabout – Construction of new road layout and installation of new traffic signals. Works ongoing until January 2015.
- Public footpath no.37 - will be closed from 13 September to September 2014 whilst a vandalized footbridge is repaired.
- Dale Street East - will be closed and have double yellow lines on from 25 November 2013 for 12 months whilst a new car park is constructed on the former Back Portland Street.
- Mossley Road - two way traffic signals will be in place from 31 March to July 2014 whilst works are undertaken to the retaining wall. The works will be approximately at the junction of the service road to Cross Farm. There presently is an unexpected delay in the works due to unidentified untilites which have been unearthed.
- Mossley Road - will be closed from September 2014 to January 2015 whilst the railway bridge is demolished and rebuilt – works are in association with the electrification of the railway line. Enabling works will be undertaken prior to this. Traffic signals will be in place between 22:00 to 06:00.
- Booth Street – the cul de sac end will be closed from Fleet Street whilst development works are undertaken at Oakglade House.
- South Street – footway will be closed from 16 July for 8 weeks whilst works are undertaken to Oxley Threads.
- Darnton Road – 2 way traffic lights 4 August. Carriageway resurfacing.
- Public footpath AUD/18 – will be closed from 23 August 2013 to 22 August 2014 to facilitate repair works which has been granted by the Secretary of State for Transport.
- Corporation Road – will be closed from 19 July 2014 for 4 weeks (between its junctions with Leech Brook Ave and Hopkinson Ave) whilst a sewer connection is made to new housing development.
- A57/M67/M60 Roundabout – traffic management will be in place from November 2013 to September 2014, whilst improvement works are undertaken to the roundabout, works will generally but undertaken at night, however some lane closures may be required during the school holidays. Works are being carried out by the Highways Agency.
- Thornleys Road – will be closed to traffic from its junction with Wood Street and Cricket Street whilst a new sewer connection is undertaken from 28 July for 3 weeks
- Park road – opp No 204. 2 way temporary lights. 16 to 22 July United Utilities works in the carriageway.
- Pudding Lane Area Hyde – temporary closures of footpaths within the area of land surrounded by Wardle Brook Avenue and Underwood Road for redevelopment works from 7 March 2014 for six months.
- Ashton Road – works will be undertaken from 28 April 2014 including carriageway resurfacing and kerbing works.
- Church Ave – 3 way temporary traffic lights 26 to 30 July Carriageway works.
- Stockport Road – 2 way temporary traffic lights 14 to 4 August. Sewer collapse.
- Carrhill Road - will be one way from its junction with Stockport Road for a distance of 45 metres in a northerly direction whilst repairs/rebuild works are undertaken to a stone retaining wall.
- Stamford Road - closed from 2 August 2014 for 4 weeks for electric HV cable laying.
- Lees Road - No 27 to 41 2 way temp lights. 17 to 30 July for electric mains cable laying.
- Manchester Road – junction Tame Bank Close, 2 way temporary lights, 28th July to 8th August. Electric connection to new column.
- Mill Lane – at Railway Bridge. Road closure for 2 days (20th & 21st Oct 2014) for cleaning of bridge. (0800 - 1630hrs on both days)
- Footpath LON/68 – will be closed to pedestrian traffic whilst development works are undertaken at West End to the footpath that runs adjacent to Hurstclough Brook.
- Wardle Brook Road – the easterly cul de sac to the southerly side of Wardle Brook Road will be closed from 24 April for 3 months whilst development works are undertaken.
- Hattersley Road West – two way traffic signals will be in place whist remedial works are undertaken to a collapsed sewer trench.
- Broadbottom Road – 2 way signals. All along road. Water work 1 August for 4 weeks
- Taylor Street - 2 way temporary lights for water main works 20 Oct - 14 Nov
- Huddersfield Road – No 592 to Moorfield Terrace, 2 way temporary lights whilst new water main is installed in the footway. 18 – 29 August 2014
- Clarence Street / Tame Street - Temporary traffic lights 26th - 27th July for high voltage electricity works.
For details of roadwork's outside the Borough of Tameside visit www.highways.gov.uk
Page last updated: 25 July 2014