Week Commencing 3 March 2014
The following roadworks are underway/programmed to begin shortly within the borough. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these works may cause you.
- Fleet Street - will be closed from 24 September 2012 whilst works are undertaken to Methodist Church Building.
- Public footpath no.37 - will be closed from 13 September to March 2014 whilst a vandalized footbridge is repaired.
- Dale Street East – will be closed and have double yellow lines on from 25 November 2013 for 8 months whilst a new car park is constructed on the former Back Portland Street.
- Oldham Road and Boodle Street - will be one way from Ashton towards Oldham from 1 March to 19 April, the road will then be entirely closed between 19 April to 24 May 2014 and will continue to be one way from 25 May to 31 July 2014 whilst works are undertaken on the Railway bridge.
- Pubic footpath AUD/18 – will be closed from 23 August 2013 to 22 August 2014 to facilitate repair works which has been granted by the Secretary of State for Transport.
- M67/M60 Roundabout – traffic management will be in place from November 2013 to February 2015, whilst improvement works are undertaken to the roundabout.
- Ashton Road will be closed to Manchester bound traffic on 30 March 2014 whilst carriageway works are undertaken.
- Crescent Road two way traffic signals will be in use, off peak, to carry out carriageway patching between 6 and 10 March.
- Park Road will be closed from 20 February 2014 whilst the dangerous building has been stabilised.
- Gorse Hall Road – two way traffic signals will be in use, working day, to carry out carriageway patching between 10 March and 13 March.
- Birch Lane – two way traffic signals will be in use, off peak, to carry out carriageway patching between 13 March and the 17 March
- Footpath HYD/5, HYD/2 & Part of Tame Valley Way – will be closed to pedestrian traffic whilst construction of a Sludge Main are undertaken from its junction with Manchester Road to Dunkirk Farm from 25 November 2013 for 6 months.
- Union Street – Temporary closed off peak 9.30am – 3.30pm at its junction with Market Street from 10 to 14 March 2014 to accommodate carriageway resurfacing works on Market Street.
- Market Street – two way signals off peak 9.30am – 3.30pm from its junction with Edna Street to its junction with Croft Street from 10 – 14 March 2014 for carriageway resurfacing works.
- Werneth Low Road – will be closed from the car park near Higham Lane for a distance of 260 metres in an easterly direction (Lofty Top) off peak only (9.30am – 3.30pm) from 11 to 12 March 2014.
- Apple Street - will be closed from Mottram Old Road for a distance of 180 metres in a southerly direction, off peak only (9.30am – 3.30pm) from 13 to 14 March 2014.
- Hyde Multi Story Car Park – will be closed from 7 March 2014 for 14 weeks for demolition works.
- Clarendon Place – Bus lane adjacent to Hyde Multi Story Car park will be closed from 7 March 2014 for 14 weeks to accommodate demolition works.
- Pudding Lane Area Hyde – temporary closures of footpaths within the area of land surrounded by Wardle Brook Avenue and Underwood Road for redevelopment works from 7 March 2014 for six months.
- Cowlishaw Road, Romiley - Carriageway Resurfacing - 20th March 2014 and is expected to take up to 15 days to complete, weather permitting. Unfortunately to carry out this work it will be necessary to restrict traffic movements along this stretch of road with a temporary prohibition of driving (road closure) for through traffic between the hours of 09.30 – 15.30hrs. This is to allow safe working operations to take place. During this time a signed diversion will be in operation which will be Joel Lane, Hyde - A560 Stockport Road, Hyde - A560 Hyde Road, Stockport - Pennine Road, Stockport - Werneth Road, Stockport - Greave, Stockport - Sandy Lane, Stockport - Compstall Road Stockport.
- Carrhill Road - will be one way from its junction with Stockport Road for a distance of 45 metres in a northerly direction whilst repairs/rebuild works are undertaken to a stone retaining wall.
- Stamford Road – temporary 2 way signals for a period of 12 weeks to carry out repairs to the retaining wall adjacent to the rail link. Start date 13 January 2014.
- Huddersfield Road – temporary 2 way signals to carry out carriageway surfacing works. Working day operation. Running adjacent with Buckley Buildings. Start date March 3 2014 for 5 days.
- Stamford Road – temporary 2 way signals for a period of 3 weeks to carry out retaining bank works. Off Peak. Start date 21 March 2014.
- Manchester Road – temporary 2 way signals for a period of 3 days to enable new electrical supply to a street column. 24 hours. Start date 4 March 2014.
- Quickedge Road – Surfacing works to the carriageway will take place from the 17 March until 26 March. There will be manually operated traffic management with access for residents.
- Waggon Road – temporary 2 way signals to investigate sewer collapse. Start date 24 February for a period of 5 days. Signalling 24 hours.
- Footpath LON/68 – will be closed to pedestrian traffic whilst development works are undertaken at West End to the footpath that runs adjacent to Hurstclough Brook.
- The A628 Trunk Road - The Highways Agency will be carrying out works along the A628 from 2 February 2014 for approximately 2 months, Works will involve some Night time closures from the Flouch roundabout to the Gunn Inn junction and at other times two way temporary signals.
- Mill Lane, Broadbottom – Will be closed under the railway bridge to accommodate bridge inspection work on 10 March 2014 for 1 day.
- Spring Bank Lane – temporary 2 way traffic lights for LV Cable reinforcement. 24 February to 7 March 2014
- Wakefield Road – No 359 to 387. Temporary 2 way traffic signals for Retaining wall works. 24 February to 5 May 2014
- Bayley Street - works to retaining wall. Temporary traffic signals Mon-Sat 22.00hrs-06.00hrs Start, 24.02.14 to 08.03.14
For details of roadwork's outside the Borough of Tameside visit www.highways.gov.uk
Page last updated: 5 March 2014