Week Commencing 2 December 2013
The following roadworks are underway/programmed to begin shortly within the borough. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these works may cause you.
- Fleet Street - will be closed from 24 September 2012 whilst works are undertaken to Methodist Church Building.
- Queen Street – will be closed from 25 February 2013 for 12 months whilst development works are undertaken.
- Henrietta Street - will be closed to vehicular traffic between Union Street and Albion Way from 2nd September whilst works are undertaken in the railway bridge. Here’s a map showing the diversions that will be in place when Network Rail begin their work on the Henrietta Street bridge, Ashton. 684.85 KB
- Public footpath no.37 - will be closed from 13 September to March 2014 whilst a vandalized footbridge is repaired.
- Kings Road/ Hurst Cross junction – traffic management will be in place from October 2013 to February 2014 – off peak, mainly weekends, whilst junction improvement works are undertaken.
- Dale Street East – will be closed and have double yellow lines on from 25 November 2013 for 8 months whilst a new car park is constructed on the former Back Portland Street.
- M67 Motorway – Routine maintenance work to Entry and Slip roads (Junction 1A – 3 Eastbound and Westbound) between 2200hrs and 0500hrs continuing to 0700hrs on Saturday and Sunday morning. Starting on Wed 2 October to Thurs 9 January 2014. Diversion will be in place during works.
- M67/M60 Roundabout – traffic management will be in place from November to February whilst improvement works are undertaken to the roundabout.
- Greenside Lane/ Market Street – the right turn will be banned into Greenside Lane from Market Street on 3 and 4 December from 21:00 to 6:00 whilst works are undertaken on the gas main. There will not be any works during the day.
- Footpath HYD/5, HYD/2 & Part of Tame Valley Way – will be closed to pedestrian traffic whilst construction of a Sludge Main are undertaken from its junction with Manchester Road to Dunkirk Farm from 25 November 2013 for 6 months.
- Public Footpath No. 64 - between Manchester Road and Calf Lane from 31 May 2011 for 24 months whist the unsafe wall is repaired.
- Broadcarr Lane/Mossley Road/Stamford Street - temporary signals across the junction of Broadcarr Lane to facilitate retaining wall works. In operation 24 hours. Signal Heads on vehicle activation with a priority on Mossley Road/Stamford Street. Works from 3 October 2013 till 31 January 2014.
- Carrhill Road - will be one way from its junction with Stockport Road for a distance of 45 metres in a northerly direction whilst repairs/rebuild works are undertaken to a stone retaining wall.
- Broadcarr Lane/Mossley Road - Two way traffic signals (off peak) in place 2 December till 10 December to carry out street lighting connections and up to 5 metres of trenching.
- Huddersfield Road- Two way traffic signals (24hrs) in place 29 November till 19 December for jointing and final cable pull.
- Manchester Road - two way traffic signals will be in place from 10 December till 12 December. New connection to street lighting column. Footpath Works.
Broadbottom / Mottram / Hollingworth
- Footpath LON/68 – will be closed to pedestrian traffic whilst development works are undertaken at West End to the footpath that runs adjacent to Hurstclough Brook.
- Hyde Road(east bound), Mottram – The Highways Agency will be temporary closing the off slip road from the Hattersley roundabout for 130 metres towards Glossop on Friday 13th December 2013 for one night only for resurfacing works.
- High Street / Bayley Street - 3 way Temporary traffic lights, 4 – 6 December. Gas pipe laying, in the carriageway.
- Lake Road junction Stephens Road – will be closed on 5 December whilst Carriageway resurfacing works are undertaken.
For details of roadwork's outside the Borough of Tameside visit www.highways.gov.uk
Page last updated: 10 December 2013