Week Commencing 18 August 2014
The following roadworks are underway/programmed to begin shortly within the borough. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these works may cause you.
- Park Parade/Scotland Street/BT Roundabout – Construction of new road layout and installation of new traffic signals. Works ongoing until January 2015.
- ASDA Roundabout. (Oldham Rd/Cavendish St/Park Parade) Construction of new road layout. 18th August 2014 to March 2015
- Public footpath no.37 - will be closed from 13 September to September 2014 whilst a vandalized footbridge is repaired.
- Dale Street East - will be closed and have double yellow lines on from 25 November 2013 for 12 months whilst a new car park is constructed on the former Back Portland Street.
- Mossley Road - will be closed from 22nd September 2014 to January 2015 whilst the railway bridge is demolished and rebuilt – works are in association with the electrification of the railway line. Enabling works will be undertaken prior to this. Traffic signals will be in place from early September 2014.
- Booth Street – the cul de sac end will be closed from Fleet Street whilst development works are undertaken at Oakglade House.
- South Street – footway will be closed from 16th July for 4 months whilst works are undertaken to Oxley Threads.
- Back Portland St – closed 18 August for 6 weeks whilst electricity works are undertaken.
- ASH/139 – will be closed between Alt Hill Lane and Lees Road whilst a dangerous embankment is repaired.
- Public footpath AUD/18 – will be closed from 23 August 2013 to 22 August 2014 to facilitate repair works which has been granted by the Secretary of State for Transport.
- Audenshaw Road – outside & opposite No 262. Two way temp signals, 6th to 17th October for Electricity works in the carriageway.
- A57/M67/M60 Roundabout – traffic management will be in place from November 2013 to September 2014, whilst improvement works are undertaken to the roundabout, works will generally but undertaken at night, however some lane closures may be required during the school holidays. Works are being carried out by the Highways Agency. (contact number 0300 123 5000)
- Edge Lane – will be closed 19 October for 1 day whilst Electric works are undertaken
- Littlemoss Road – two way signals will be in place from 3rd November to 5 December whilst works are undertaken to the railway bridge
- Craven Street – will be closed from 8 September for 3 weeks whilst a sewer connection is undertaken
- Market Street – will be closed 25 and 26 October and 1 and 2 November. Two way traffic signals will be in place from 26 October to 1 November whilst resurfacing works are undertaken
- Diggle Drive – will be closed from 10 September to 16 September whilst carriageway resurfacing works are undertaken
- Vale Road – will be closed from 11 September to 16 September whilst carriageway resurfacing works are undertaken
- Masefield Road – will be closed on 8 October for 1 day whilst carriageway resurfacing works are undertaken
- Market Street – outside No 3, temporary two way traffic signals, 19 to 25 September, whilst United Utilities carry out connection in footway & carriageway.
- Coronation Avenue – will be closed 16 September to 18 September whilst carriageway resurfacing works are undertaken
- Pudding Lane Area Hyde – temporary closures of footpaths within the area of land surrounded by Wardle Brook Avenue and Underwood Road for redevelopment works from 7 March 2014 for six months.
- Carrhill Road - will be one way from its junction with Stockport Road for a distance of 45 metres in a northerly direction whilst repairs/rebuild works are undertaken to a stone retaining wall.
- Mill Lane – at Railway Bridge. Road closure for 2 days (20 & 21 Oct 2014) for cleaning of bridge. (0800 - 1630hrs on both days)
- Lees Road – No 31 to 41, temporary traffic signals, 4 to 12 September, works for new site entrance.
- Mossley Road/ Stamford Street – two way traffic signals will be in place from 31 March to October 2014 whilst works are undertaken to the retaining wall. The works will be approximately at the junction of the service road to Cross Farm. There is presently an unexpected delay in the works due to unidentified utilities which have been unearthed.
- Shadows Lane – will be closed for 1 day on 7 October whilst carriageway resurfacing works are undertaken.
- Lees Road – will be closed from 6 October for 4 weeks whilst electric works are undertaken
- Footpath LON/68 – will be closed to pedestrian traffic whilst development works are undertaken at West End to the footpath that runs adjacent to Hurstclough Brook.
- Hattersley Rd. West. – 2 way temporary traffic lights, junction Fields Farm Rd. from 26 August for 3 weeks.
- Booth Street – will be closed (weekends only) from 11th October for 6 weeks whilst water works are undertaken at the junction of Market Street.
- Wakefield Road – o/s No 375. Temporary 2 way signals for United Utilities works in the carriageway.
For details of roadwork's outside the Borough of Tameside visit http://roadworks.org/
Page last updated: 15 September 2014