The following roadworks are underway/programmed to begin shortly within the borough. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these works may cause you.
- Park Parade/Scotland Street/BT Roundabout – Construction of new road layout and installation of new traffic signals. Works ongoing until April 2015
- ASDA Roundabout. (Oldham Rd/Cavendish St/Park Parade) Construction of new road layout. 18 August 2014 to March 2015
- Booth Street – the cul de sac end will be closed from Fleet Street whilst development works are undertaken at Oakglade House until January 2015
- ASH/139 – will be closed between Alt Hill Lane and Lees Road whilst a dangerous embankment is repaired.
- Whitelands Road – Road closed (20.00hrs – 0600hrs).23 Feb to 4 March for carriageway resurfacing.
- Fleet Street – Road Closed. 9 March for 6 months. Building redevelopment works.
- Ullswater Avenue – Road Closed. 23 – 25 March for carriageway resurfacing.
- Brecon Crescent – Road Closed. 25 – 31 March for carriageway resurfacing.
- Taunton Road – o/s No 83, temporary traffic signals, 24 Feb – 2 March. Renew water service.
- Mossley Road – at Railway Bridge, temporary traffic signals, Saturday/Sunday 11 & 12 April. (0800hrs - 2000hrs) works being carried out by Network Rail.
- Shepley Road – refurbishment of River Bridge – 2 March to 19 June 2015. Temporary traffic lights.
- Fairfield Road – Durham Street to Canal Bridge. Temporary traffic signals. 23 Feb to 6 March for carriageway resurfacing works.
- Sunnyside Road – outside No 150, temporary traffic signals, 26 Feb – 4 March, renewal of water service.
- Cooper Street – will be closed from 26 January 2015 for 6 weeks whilst works are undertaken to prevent internal flooding of the sewer.
- King Street – junction Brownlea Ave, temporary traffic lights, 6 – 10 March. replacing dangerous manhole cover and frame in the carriageway.
- Manchester Road – On the Canal Bridge, footway closure, 9 March to 17 April (alternative crossing provided).
- Victoria Street – Road Closed. 7 April for 8 days. Carriageway resurfacing.
- A57 Mottram Road – Road Closed. 11 April for 8 days. Carriageway resurfacing.
- Market Street – Croft Street to Dowson Road, Road closed on Sunday 21 June, (0600hrs - 12noon) Tour of Tameside sports event.
- Carrhill Road - is one way between its junction of Stockport Road and Roughtown Road whilst a wall is repaired.
- Staley Road – Opp junc Tabley St. 2 way temporary lights. 16 March to 9 April 2015. Gas works.
- Roughtown Road – At Railway Bridge, 2 way temporary lights. 9 & 10 March. Maintenance of railway bridge.
- Footpath LON/68 – will be closed to pedestrian traffic whilst development works are undertaken at West End to the footpath that runs adjacent to Hurst Clough Brook.
- Broadbottom Road – No 1 to 143 Temporary traffic signals 12 Jan – 4 March 2015. Water works.
- Broadbottom Road – o/s 209, temp traffic signals, 5 – 11 May, United Utilities works.
- Ashworth Lane – opposite 17a, temporary traffic signals, 12 – 16 March. United Utilities installing new water supply. .
- A57 Hattersley Roundabout – Carriageway resurfacing, 23 Feb for 2 weeks (20:00hrs to 06:00hrs) start on Monday 23 February 2015 and take approximately 2 weeks excluding Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Works being carried out by The Highways Agency.
- A57 Hattersley Roundabout – lane closure, Sunday 1 March, early morning only, for Electricity works.
- Wardlebrook Avenue – junction Pudding Lane, temporary traffic signals, 18 – 24 March, electricity works.
- Wooley Lane – at Bridge, Road Closure - Sunday 8 March (from 06:00 to 12:00) repairs to bridge wall.
- Mottram Old Road – s/o No 379 to o/s Shaw Bank, temporary signals 2 Feb to 27 March 2015. Gas works.
- Castle Street – Road closed – 2 March for 3 days, carriageway resurfacing.
- School Crescent – junction The Close, temp traffic signals, 27 April to 1 May. Laying new gas service.
- Stamford Street junction Wakefield Road - Junction Wakefield Road, 18 – 21 March, Temporary traffic signals for Emergency sewer repair as highway has collapsed.
For details of roadwork's outside the Borough of Tameside visit http://roadworks.org/
Page last updated: 26 February 2015