The following roadworks are underway/programmed to begin shortly within the borough. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these works may cause you.
- Park Parade/Scotland Street/BT Roundabout – Construction of new road layout and installation of new traffic signals. Works ongoing until April 2015
- ASDA Roundabout. (Oldham Rd/Cavendish St/Park Parade) Construction of new road layout. 18th August 2014 to March 2015
- Dale Street East - will be closed and have double yellow lines on from 25 November 2013 for 12 months whilst a new car park is constructed on the former Back Portland Street.
- Booth Street – the cul de sac end will be closed from Fleet Street whilst development works are undertaken at Oakglade House until January 2015
- ASH/139 – will be closed between Alt Hill Lane and Lees Road whilst a dangerous embankment is repaired.
- St Albans Ave – temporary two way lights 2 Feb – 6 Feb 2015 laying gas pipe.
- Stamford Street East- near Dorset Street (bridge works) temporary two way signals 24 Jan – 7 Feb 2015
- Turner Lane – at railway bridge, temporary traffic signals 25 Jan to 30 Jan and 1 Feb to 6 Feb, (works are between 9.30pm to 6.30am) repairs to railway bridge.
- Katherine Street – junc Bentinck Street. 27 to 29 Jan. temporary traffic lights. United Utilities replacing dangerous manhole.
- Canterbury Street – 19 Jan – 30 Jan. temporary traffic signals for Gas main renewal.
- Bentinck Street – junc Katherine St. Road Closed 28 Jan – 3 Feb. United Utilities wks.
- Taunton Road - o/s no. 83. Temp traffic signals 4 - 10 Feb. United Utilities wks.
- Windmill Lane – Railway bridge near Dane Bank Mews- Road closure 26 – 31 Jan 2015 2200hrs to 0600hrs (5 night shifts) Diversion to be signed, working on railway bridge.
- Windsor Road – o/s No 92 road closure on 21 – 25 Feb 2015 United Utilities replacing dangerous manhole.
- Shepley Road – refurbishment of river bridge – 2 March to 19 June 2015. Temporary traffic lights.
- Stockport Road – No’s 455 – 457, Stop/Go boards in use, 21st Jan to 3rd Feb. Electric works.
- Stockport Road – No’s 13 -15, contraflow in use (off peak) 25th – 28th Jan. Electricity works.
- Stockport Road – junc Pendle Road. Temporary traffic signals. 19th – 30th Jan. Electricity works.
- Town Lane – o/s and opposite No 87. Temp lights. 21st Jan – 3rd Feb. Electricity works.
- Fairfield Road – junction Fairfield Square, temporary traffic signals, 9 – 29 Jan. Gas mains work
- Ashton Hill Lane – Junc New Street. Temporary Traffic lights. 27 Jan – 9 Feb. BT Works
- Edge Lane – junction Fairfield Road, Multi way lights, 30tJan – 3 Feb. replacing manhole cover and frame.
- Market Street – o/s No 3. Temporary traffic lights. 22 Jan – 26 Jan. water works
- Astley Street – o/s and opp Congregational Church. Temporary signals. 16 April - 8 May. Gas works.
- Victoria Street – junction Derby Road, temp traffic signals 25 - 2 Jan. replacing defective stop tap in carriageway.
- Carrhill Road - is one way between its junction of Stockport Road and Roughtown Road whilst a wall is repaired.
- Staley Road – Opp junc Tabley St. 2 way temporary lights. 16 March to 9 April 2015. Gas works.
- Mossley Road – junction Broadcarr Lane, temp lights 28 - 30 Jan. Trial holes in carriageway.
- Footpath LON/68 – will be closed to pedestrian traffic whilst development works are undertaken at West End to the footpath that runs adjacent to Hurst Clough Brook.
- Broadbottom Road – No 1 to 143 Temporary traffic signals 12 Jan - 4 March 2015. Water works.
- Ashworth Lane – o/s Pack Horse Pub, Road Closure. 26th – 28th Jan. Electricity connection.
- Mottram Old Road – s/o No 379 to o/s Shaw Bank, temporary signals 2 Feb to 27 Feb 2015. Gas works.
- School Crescent – junction The Close. Temporary traffic signals 10 – 16 Feb 2015. Laying gas main.
- Stamford Street – junction with Wakefield Road, three way temporary traffic signals and a footway closure will be in place from 24 January to 6 February between 22:00 and 6:00 nightly, whilst repair works are undertaken to the railway bridge.
- Mottram Old Road – junc John Street, temp signals 30 Jan - 3 Feb. Gas works
For details of roadwork's outside the Borough of Tameside visit http://roadworks.org/
Page last updated: 27 January 2015