Week Commencing 14 April 2014
The following roadworks are underway/programmed to begin shortly within the borough. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these works may cause you.
- Fleet Street - will be closed from 24 September 2012 whilst works are undertaken to Methodist Church Building.
- Public footpath no.37 - will be closed from 13 September to September 2014 whilst a vandalized footbridge is repaired.
- Dale Street East - will be closed and have double yellow lines on from 25 November 2013 for 8 months whilst a new car park is constructed on the former Back Portland Street.
- Oldham Road and Boodle Street - will be one way from Ashton towards Oldham from 1 March to 17 April, the road will then be entirely closed between 17 April to 25 May 2014 and will continue to be one way from 26 May to 31 July 2014 whilst works are undertaken on the Railway bridge.
- Mossley Road - two way traffic signals will be in place from 31 March to 30 May whilst works are undertaken to the retaining wall. The works will be approximately at the junction of the service road to Cross Farm.
- Scotland Street - lane closure will be in place near BT roundabout on 27 April whilst electric works are undertaken
- Mossley Road - will be closed from October 2014 to January 2015 whilst the railway bridge is demolished and rebuilt – works are in association with the electrification of the railway line.
- Public footpath AUD/18 – will be closed from 23 August 2013 to 22 August 2014 to facilitate repair works which has been granted by the Secretary of State for Transport.
- A57/M67/M60 Roundabout – traffic management will be in place from November 2013 to September 2014, whilst improvement works are undertaken to the roundabout, works will generally but undertaken at night, however some lane closures may be required after 9:30am.
- Anson Road – two way traffic signals will be in use between 16th April and 29th April whilst carriageway patching works are undertaken
- Lumb Lane footbridge – will be closed from 31 March to 16 May whilst works are undertaken to electrify the railway line
- Nelson Drive – two way traffic signals will be in use between 28 April and 2 May 2014 whilst a water connection is undertaken
- Park Road - will be closed from 20 February 2014 whilst the dangerous building has been stabilised. Access is still being maintained to local businesses on Park Road.
- Globe Lane - will be closed in one direction between Globe Square and Broadway on 16 April 2014 whilst drainage works are undertaken. Diversion will be via Astley Street and King Street.
- Footpath HYD/5, HYD/2 & Part of Tame Valley Way – will be closed to pedestrian traffic whilst construction of a Sludge Main are undertaken from its junction with Manchester Road to Dunkirk Farm from 25 November 2013 for 6 months.
- Clarendon Place – Bus lane adjacent to Hyde Multi Story Car Park will be closed from 7 March 2014 for 14 weeks to accommodate demolition works.
- Mottram Road – closed for west bound traffic from Morrisons entrance to Clark Way for Gas works from 11 April 2014 for 7 days.
- Pudding Lane Area Hyde – temporary closures of footpaths within the area of land surrounded by Wardle Brook Avenue and Underwood Road for redevelopment works from 7 March 2014 for six months.
- Ashton Road – works will be undertaken from 28 April 2014 including carriageway resurfacing and kerbing works.
- Manchester Road – lane closed to facilitate emergency gas works until 23 April.
- Chain bar Lane – will be closed to facilitate gas main renewal works from 1 April to 23 April 2014.
- Victoria Street – two way traffic signals will be in place near Kemp Street whilst electricity works are undertaken to an underground cable between the 1 to the 17 April.
- Carrhill Road - will be one way from its junction with Stockport Road for a distance of 45 metres in a northerly direction whilst repairs/rebuild works are undertaken to a stone retaining wall.
- Stamford Road – two way traffic signals will be in place from 29 April to 12 May 2014 whilst works are undertaken to a street lighting column.
- Footpath LON/68 – will be closed to pedestrian traffic whilst development works are undertaken at West End to the footpath that runs adjacent to Hurstclough Brook.
- Broadbottom Road – two way traffic signals will be in use from 8 April 2014 to 15 April 2014 whilst a new gas service is connected.
- Broadbottom Road – two way traffic signals will be in place outside no. 55 from 16 April to 22 April 2014 whilst a water connection is undertaken.
- Broadbottom Road – two way traffic signals will be in place from 28 April to 7 May whilst an electrical connection is undertaken. Works between 9:30 & 15:30
- Broadbottom Road – proposed water works 27 May to 27 June 2014. Traffic management details to follow.
- Mill Brow – will be closed on 23 April for one day whilst remedial works are carried out.
- Wardle Brook Road – the easterly cul de sac to the southerly side of Wardle Brook Road will be closed from 24 April for 3 months whilst development works are undertaken.
- Wakefield Road – No 359 to 387. Temporary two way traffic signals for Retaining wall works. 24 February to 5 May 2014
- St Georges Day Parade, top Mossley – 29 April 2014
- Broadoak Brass Band contest, Broadoak Road, between Wood Lane and Smallshaw Lane – 13 June 2014
- Ashton Whit Walks, Ashton Town Centre – 15 June 2014
- Greater Manchester Cycle – 29 June 2014 (diversion via Audenshaw)
For details of roadwork's outside the Borough of Tameside visit www.highways.gov.uk
Page last updated: 15 April 2014