The following roadworks are underway/programmed to begin shortly within the borough. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these works may cause you.
- Park Parade/Scotland Street/BT Roundabout – Construction of new road layout and installation of new traffic signals. Works ongoing until January 2015.
- ASDA Roundabout. (Oldham Rd/Cavendish St/Park Parade) Construction of new road layout. 18th August 2014 to March 2015
- Dale Street East - will be closed and have double yellow lines on from 25 November 2013 for 12 months whilst a new car park is constructed on the former Back Portland Street.
- Mossley Road - will be closed from 22nd September 2014 to January 2015 whilst the railway bridge is demolished and rebuilt – works are in association with the electrification of the railway line.
- Booth Street – the cul de sac end will be closed from Fleet Street whilst development works are undertaken at Oakglade House until December 2014
- ASH/139 – will be closed between Alt Hill Lane and Lees Road whilst a dangerous embankment is repaired.
- St Albans Ave – temporary two way lights 2 Feb – 6 Feb 2015 laying gas pipe.
- Stamford Street East- near Dorset Street (bridge works) temporary two way signals 24 Jan – 7 Feb 2015
- Stockport Road – o/s No 30, Lane Closure, 1 to 8 Dec. laying new gas service to property
- Whitelands Road – near junction Clarence Street. 4 way temporary lights, 23 – 25 Nov. laying ducting In carriageway.
- Hill Street – Welbeck St South to Portland St South, 8-10h Dec 2 way lights for carriageway patching.
- Corporation Road – o/s and opp No 24. 28th Nov to 4th Dec, United Utilities works.
- A57/M67/M60 Roundabout – traffic management will be in place until December 2014, whilst improvement works are undertaken to the roundabout, closures will be undertaken at night, lane closures may be required during the working day. Works are being carried out by the Highways Agency (contact number 0300 123 5000)
- Windmill Lane – Railway bridge near Dane Bank Mews- Road closure 26 – 31 Jan 2015 2200hrs to 0600hrs (5 night shifts) Diversion to be signed, working on railway bridge.
- Oldham Street – junction Parkway, temporary traffic signals, 26 – 28 Nov. United Utilities replacing dangerous manhole.
Windsor Road – o/s No 92 road closure on 21 – 25 Feb 2015 United Utilities replacing dangerous manhole.
- Littlemoss Road – two way signals will be in place from 3 November to 5 December whilst works are undertaken to the railway bridge (and 7 Jan – 3 Feb 2015
- Littlemoss Rd – two way signals will be in place from 15 Dec to 24 Dec and 7 Jan to 3 Feb at the railway bridge in association with the electrification of the railway network
- Pudding Lane Area Hyde – temporary closures of footpaths within the area of land surrounded by Wardle Brook Avenue and Underwood Road for redevelopment works from 7 March 2014 for six months.
- Stockport Road – junction King Edward Road, temporary traffic signals, 15 – 17 Dec. BT removing redundant pole.
- Carrhill Road - is one way between its junction of Stockport Road and Roughtown Road whilst a wall is repaired.
- Mossley Road/ Stamford Street – two way traffic signals will be in place from 31 March to November 2014 whilst works are undertaken to the retaining wall. The works will be approximately at the junction of the service road to Cross Farm. There is presently an unexpected delay in the works due to unidentified utilities which have been unearthed..
- Mill Lane – Bridge repairs 4 to 9 January 2015. Road Closure (2100 – 0900hrs) overnight working for consecutive nights.
- Stamford Road – 25 & 26 November, cutting detector loops to traffic lights, stop/go boards in use.
- Roughtown Road – closed 26 - 28 Nov to replace manhole cover and frame at junction with Stockport Road.
- Footpath LON/68 – will be closed to pedestrian traffic whilst development works are undertaken at West End to the footpath that runs adjacent to Hurstclough Brook.
- Hattersley Rd. West – Road closure between Fields Farm Road to Sandy Bank Avenue, from 6 October for 11 weeks. Whilst a new road layout is constructed.
- Broadbottom Road – No 1 to 143 Temporary traffic signals 2 Feb – 25 March 2015. Water works.
- Broadbottom Road – o/s No 54, 28 Nov – 2 Dec, temporary traffic lights. Replacing manhole cover & frame.
- Mottram Old Road – s/o No 379 to o/s Shaw Bank, temporary signals 2 Feb to 27 Feb 2015. Gas works.
- Mottram Road - junction Woodlands Drive, 2 way temporary signals, 18 Nov to 21 Nov for Sewer Connection.
For details of roadwork's outside the Borough of Tameside visit http://roadworks.org/
Page last updated: 24 November 2014