The following roadworks are underway/programmed to begin shortly within the borough. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience these works may cause you.
- Park Parade/Scotland Street/BT Roundabout – Construction of new road layout and installation of new traffic signals. Works ongoing until January 2015.
- ASDA Roundabout. (Oldham Rd/Cavendish St/Park Parade) Construction of new road layout. 18th August 2014 to March 2015
- Dale Street East - will be closed and have double yellow lines on from 25 November 2013 for 12 months whilst a new car park is constructed on the former Back Portland Street.
- Mossley Road - will be closed from 22nd September 2014 to January 2015 whilst the railway bridge is demolished and rebuilt – works are in association with the electrification of the railway line.
- Booth Street – the cul de sac end will be closed from Fleet Street whilst development works are undertaken at Oakglade House until December 2014
- ASH/139 – will be closed between Alt Hill Lane and Lees Road whilst a dangerous embankment is repaired.
- St Albans Ave – temporary two way lights 2 Feb – 6 Feb 2015 laying gas pipe.
- Stamford Street East- near Dorset Street (bridge works) temporary two way signals 24 Jan – 7 Feb 2015
- Hill Street – Welbeck St South to Portland St South, 8-10h Dec 2 way lights for carriageway patching.
- Denton Road – o/s No 145 2 way temporary signals. 5 – 11 Jan 2015. replacing
- Lumb Lane – 0/s 88 – 91. Road Closure, 15 – 30 December. Sewer Collapse
- A57/M67/M60 Roundabout – traffic management will be in place until December 2014, whilst improvement works are undertaken to the roundabout, closures will be undertaken at night, lane closures may be required during the working day. Works are being carried out by the Highways Agency (contact number 0300 123 5000)
- Windmill Lane – Railway bridge near Dane Bank Mews- Road closure 26 – 31 Jan 2015 2200hrs to 0600hrs (5 night shifts) Diversion to be signed, working on railway bridge.
- Windsor Road – o/s No 92 road closure on 21 – 25 Feb 2015 United Utilities replacing dangerous manhole.
- Littlemoss Road – two way signals will be in place from 3 November to 5 December whilst works are undertaken to the railway bridge (and 7 Jan – 3 Feb 2015
- Littlemoss Rd – two way signals will be in place from 15 Dec to 24 Dec and 7 Jan to 3 Feb at the railway bridge in association with the electrification of the railway network
- Gorse Hall Rd – Cheetham Hill Road to Lord Street, 12 - 23 Dec, Road closure due to Sewer Collapse.
- Pudding Lane Area Hyde – temporary closures of footpaths within the area of land surrounded by Wardle Brook Avenue and Underwood Road for redevelopment works from 7 March 2014 for six months.
- Stockport Road – junction King Edward Road, temporary traffic signals, 15 – 17 Dec. BT removing redundant pole.
- Mill Lane – Approx 65m from No 77. 16 – 31 Dec. Temporary traffic signals for street light connection.
- Manchester Rd – junc Great Norbury St. 15 – 17 Dec. 2 way temp signals for trial holes in the carriageway
- Carrhill Road - is one way between its junction of Stockport Road and Roughtown Road whilst a wall is repaired.
- Mill Lane – Bridge repairs 4 to 9 January 2015. Road Closure (2100 – 0900hrs) overnight working for consecutive nights.
- Manchester Road – junc Spring Hill Drive. 2 way temporary lights, 15 – 16 Dec. carriageway patching.
- Staley Road – Opp junc Tabley St. 2 way temporary lights. 16 March to 9 April 2015. Gas works.
- Footpath LON/68 – will be closed to pedestrian traffic whilst development works are undertaken at West End to the footpath that runs adjacent to Hurstclough Brook.
- Hattersley Rd. West – Road closure between Fields Farm Road to Sandy Bank Avenue, from 6 October for 11 weeks. Whilst a new road layout is constructed.
- Broadbottom Road – No 1 to 143 Temporary traffic signals 2 Feb – 25 March 2015. Water works.
- Ashworth Lane – opp 17a, temporary traffic lights, 9 – 15 Jan 2015. Gas works
- Mottram Old Road – s/o No 379 to o/s Shaw Bank, temporary signals 2 Feb to 27 Feb 2015. Gas works.
- Castle Street – Road Closure (at junction with Back Melbourne Street). 8 - 15 December 2014 (Sewer collapse) Diversion in place.
- School Crescent – junc The Close. Temporary traffic signals 10 – 16 Feb 2015. Laying gas main.
For details of roadwork's outside the Borough of Tameside visit http://roadworks.org/
Page last updated: 15 December 2014