For information on transferring your child to another school please use the following links:
Admission into Reception or Year 7 for September 2015
The online system will open for applications for September 2015 on the following dates:
Year 7 places 1 September 2014 (closing date 31 October 2014)
- For children resident in Tameside who attend a Tameside Primary School, letters will be given out by the school early September explaining how to apply for a school place.
- For children resident in Tameside who attend a Primary School in another authority a letter will be posted to your home address early September explaining how to apply for a school place.
Reception places early November 2014 (closing date 15 January 2015)
- Letters will be sent to Tameside residents who have put their child's name down at a Primary School during October explaining how to apply for a school place.
The links on this page will give you all the information you will need throughout the application process, please add it to your favourites so you can come back here easily.
You should also read the information booklet ‘Moving On’ for secondary applications or ‘Starting Out’ for primary applications. These booklets give you details of all the schools in Tameside and the oversubscription criteria that will be applied if there are more applications than places available. There is also a lot more information you will need to look at before making your application. The latest version of Starting Out and Moving On for September 2015 will be published on this webpage at the beginning of September 2014.
View details of all the schools in the borough and how they will allocate places for September 2015. Please take the time to have a look especially if you are applying for a voluntary aided school. Some voluntary aided schools will ask for additional information to support your application, for example, proof of church attendance or a baptismal certificate. Please check with the school what additional information is required.
Moving On is your guide to applying for a place in Year 7
Starting Out 1.16 MB is your guide to applying for a place in Reception
School allocations in previous years
For information on how we have allocated places at primary and secondary schools in previous years, please visit our allocation statistics page
For information on how to appeal, please see our guide: Appealing for a School Place - Guidance for Parents
Admission into nursery classes in Tameside
For information on how to apply for a place in a nursery class at a Tameside school please use the following link: Nursery Admissions.
Please use the following links for the full admission arrangements for every maintained school in Tameside
- School Admission Arrangements for the School Year 2013/14
- School Admission Arrangements for the School Year 2014/15
- School Admission Arrangements for the School Year 2015/16
Support for school age children
Free school meals
Please visit the free school meals web pages for information on if your child would be eligible for free school meals and how to apply.
Zero fare bus passes
Please visit the zero fare bus pass web pages for information on if your child would be eligible for a zero fare bus pass and how to apply.
School bus services in Tameside are provided by Transport for Greater Manchester. School bus timetables can be found on their website TfGM
Guidance on school exclusions
Annual report to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator
In accordance with the requirements of the School Admissions Code, the Council is required to submit an annual report to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator on aspects of the admission arrangements of the relevant schools in its area.
The Report to the School Adjudicator outlines a range of issues to do with school admissions in Tameside:
•How admissions arrangements serve the interest of looked after children and previously looked after children, children with disabilities and children with special educational needs
- An assessment of the effectiveness of Fair Access Protocols and co-ordination including how many children were admitted to each school
- The number and percentage of lodged and upheld parental appeals