Do it Online!
- Search the Library Catalogue for books, audio books, CDs and DVDs
- Download eBooks from Project Gutenberg
- Search the Local Studies and Archives Catalogue for books, journals and archives relating to Tameside's history
- Find local clubs, groups and organisations
- Use one of our Online Reference Sources
- Add your group to the Local Organisations Database
- Log in to your library account to renew and reserve items via Member Functions in the Library Catalogue. First time users please visit the help page
We are really pleased to announce that your new Mossley library will re-open on Monday 17 March 2014.
This is a short film commissioned by Time To Read . Inspired by the imagination books bring to our everyday life.
Librarians in the North West have pioneered partnership working to encourage new readers into libraries. Time To Read is a partnership of librarians engaged in reader development activity in public library authorities in the North West Region.
World Book Extravaganza! 24 February - 13 March
Join us for a fabulous fun free event for children aged 0-5 and their parents and carers. We'll have storytelling, crafts, face painting and prizes! We are hosting four of these special events across Tameside!
Do you have an idea for a business that could help to power Britain along the road to recovery? If so, Tameside libraries could supply you with some fuel.
Love books but can’t get to a library? The Home Library Service might be able to help you. You tell us what books you like and we’ll bring your favourite authors directly to your door. You can choose from a large selection of books and other materials.
Throughout the year Tameside Libraries hold a variety of courses, workshops and learning sessions for Adults. Subjects includes basic IT, secretarial skills, family and local history, literature, confidence building and meditation. All are low cost and many have free places available to people on a low income. Sign up now to make sure you get a place on the course you are interested in.
At Tameside Libraries we care about your health and wellbeing. Read more about our new Get Better Health Information sections, Books on Prescription and the other services and resources available in our Libraries.
The National Careers Service (formerly Next Step) can help you with your CV, interview skills, job applications and much more. Visit one of their free weekly sessions in Libraries to find out more.